Monday, February 17, 2014

Day 12.

Finally back at home after almost 48 hours away. Such is the nature of my work. That's why I need my tank to be low tech.

I forgot to set aside water to age last time I did a water change, so I'm not able to do one now. I've only just put the water aside so I'll probably do it tomorrow when I wake up. When I looked inside the tank, I couldn't see any movement at all, which was weird because the guppy should be there. I couldn't find it on the substrate either. Later on, I found it on the floor next to the tank. It committed suicide. Can't say I'm too sad about it; I've been trying to get it out of the tank for ages.

Otto is still alive which is amazing and wonderful. Swarley has finished eating his moult and excitedly grabbed the algae wafer I dropped for him. Rainer is still alive, along with the guppies and snail in his tank.

As for the plants, the fanwort still looks terrible but everything else in the main tank looks normal. The red tiger lotus in the wine glass is disintegrating but from what I've read, it's common for them to do this. The bulb that I've dropped in the shrimp tank is growing roots, so that's awesome.

Just a short update until I've done more to the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment